Sunday, August 10, 2008

Cricket an Olympic sport? Nah...

There has been quite a lot of discussion about cricket becoming an Olympic sport this week.

Blunt and honest opinion... nah it shouldn't be...

What does cricket actually gain from becoming an Olympic sport? The format they are going to play has to be T20 cricket and in my mind, apart from being a bit of entertainment for the fans - this isn't worthy of being an Olympic sport.

Maybe I am missing something but I just don't understand how the game would better itself by sending a team of smash and bash cricketing artists to see if they could win a medal.

I think its a noble gesture and I think its been spurred along by "Olympic Fever" but the players already play too much cricket and this is simply going to wear them down a little further.

Pointless as far as I can see...

No comments: