Thursday, September 17, 2009

Champions Trophy Picks

Right - the ICC Champions Trophy is around the corner and if you read the media reports it is nothing but a two horse race between the usual suspects South Africa and Australia.

South Africa has the homeground advantage and a pretty settled side, while Australia is in the process of thrashing the English side left, right and centre.

Before I continue I must tell you a joke I heard on the radio - it's a bit lame but I'm going to tell it anyway. (Bearing in mind that half the English side are South Africans by birth):

- Where is the English side going to stay when they are here for the Champions Trophy? At their moms' houses!

Ok it was lame but I told it anyway.

Anyway the teams I have backed to win the ICC Champions Trophy are South Africa (15/10), India (3/1) and Sri Lanka (6/1).

Personally I think the Aussies may regret the long series against the English and may wish they'd had a chance to recharge some of their batteries. India are good in these kind of tournaments and Sri Lanka also tend to fire when it counts so I think it is a nice mix of bets.

Nobody else really seems to feature for me - anyone else got thoughts on the tournament?

No comments: