Monday, March 8, 2010

IPL Season 3 betting

The third season of the T20 cricket bonanza that is the Indian Premier League (IPL) is on its way and it looks like quite an open season this year.

The pre-season odds as supplied by the team at World Sports Betting:

Delhi Daredevils – 3.5 / 1
Chennai Super Kings – 5/1
Deccan Chargers – 5/1
Bangalore Royal Challengers – 6/1
Mumbai Indians – 6/1
Kolkata Knight Riders – 7/1
Kings Xi Punjab – 7.5/1
Rajasthan Royals – 8/1

I am a Deccan Chargers fan so I’ve backed them and the Rajasthan Royals in this years competition.

The Chargers are a quality outfit and surprised that they are not favourites this year but I’ll take those odds thank you very much!

The Royals also surprised me that they were so far out of favour with the bookies. The side includes some quality T20 players including:

  • Graeme Smith
  • Shane Warne
  • Morne Morkel
  • Shaun Tait
  • Yussuf Pathan
  • Johan Botha

Suffice to say they are my outside bet but the Chargers remain my first pick. Bring on the IPL!

Planning to bet on the IPL this year?

BWIN Sports Betting & Gaming Click Here

No comments: