Thursday, December 25, 2008

Day 1 to SA

Day one of the second test match was slightly in favour of South Africa. Australia were 280 for six at stumps on the first day at the Melbourne Cricket Ground on Friday.

South Africa stuck to their guns, bowled well and apart from a costly drop of Ponting (who went on to score 100), they held their catches.

My early assertion was that unlike the first test match, this one would be won in either sides first innings. If the Aussies get their tail knocked over cheaply and SA get a 100+ lead then it will be hard to fight back - especially when one considers how well Harris is bowling.

But before we get ahead of ourselves, we should probably remember that the Aussie tail added 150+ runs and nearly buried us in the last match...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I want to request you for link exchante for my site. I have added your link at http://www.cricket-highlights.com/links.html;cat=1.

If you feel good, do add my site url in your blogroll.

Strategist said...

Thanks - I've added link to your site... best of luck with your venture