Friday, November 13, 2009

Pity the rain came

So the first real competition of the summer ended in a wet and miserable wash out... do you think it is co-incidence that it is because we were playing the Poms?

So what can we take out of last night and the couple of warm-up hit 'em ups against Zimbabwe?
  • Our bowlers are rusty - don't read too much into the performances in the first few games
  • Morgan, Trott, Collingwood and even Pietersen are going to be a handful this summer. It's probably the first time I'd say that the English have had a batting lineup that I would be wary of.
  • I don't think it is out and out talent (although there is some there) but I think it is the attitude which is there. Good gritty English (or more specifically South African and Irish) determination and balls
  • I still don't think the Poms have a bowling attack to write home about.
  • Loots Bosman - not a clue what to make of THAT selection - there is no question he can slog a ball but it all seems a little hit and miss
  • Ryan Mclaren looks capable enough - let's see what he can do
  • Nice to see Charl Langeveldt back in the mix
All in all - I wouldn't read too much into losing a T20 game via Duckworth-Lewis but I definately think that England have come out here to play hard cricket and if we don't get on top of their batters it could be a hot summer.

No comments: