Sunday, November 15, 2009

Selections - second T20 - SA vs England

After the rain in the first T20 game, it looks like the English have come here to play good, hard cricket this summer which is quite encouraging.

They take on South Africa today in the second of the T20 games and I expect the South Africans to put on a more convincing bowling performance this time around. Credit must be given to Morgan for his destruction of the bowlers at the Wanderers - there were some massive sixes hit there.

I have backed:

- South Africa to win today
- Graeme Smith to be the top SA batsman
- Either Jonathan Trott or Morgan to top score for the English

2 comments:

Jawad said...

Well you got two right. SA Won and Smith was one of the highest scorers. How about that Bosman huh? doing well so far. Those were some monster hits.

I'm really hoping this series is a good one. The start has been nothing but exciting so far. England's batting line up looks strong. I haven't seen any fireworks from the bowlers though but they have won their last tour match.

what do you think about SA's bowling line up? Alot has been made about it in the papers. To me, it looks pretty good and I think they will do well.

Marc said...

Heya Jawad - yeah finally made some money but Bosman took the top run getter meaning I missed out on Smith.

Bosman - I can't work out whether he is just on a good streak or is genuinely a good batter but I guess we ride it out. He is ideal for T20.

Bowling attack - A big thing to bear in mind is that our guys have had roughly two months off of competitive cricket so they probably look a little rusty. A little surprised that they didn't give Parnell a run - I think he is going to be an influential player this summer.