Friday, February 20, 2009

West Indies grow a backbone


I don't mean to be nasty to the West Indian cricket side but they haven't had a history of having much fight or "back-bone" in the last few years. That's why watching them bat out for the draw in the 3rd test match against England was so important.

They could quite easily have rolled over, played dead and patted themselves on the back for "managing" a 1-1 test series draw with England.

Instead Fidel Edwards (left) and Darren Powell showed some guts and batted through for the draw and ultimately a series win.

Maybe it is naivety but I get excited when I see performances like this... It is a side that WANTS to win and stick it out for eachother and to often in the last few years the West Indies have coasted on individual performances from the likes of Lara, Chanderpaul or Gayle.

This series was different - it was a team effort that paid off!

1 comment:

Rinki said...

You can get latest news and updated of Cricket and IPL2009 News from my site Cricket And IPL News 2009. There is also a poll going on who will win the IPL2009 and I hope you will participate in the poll. I am also looking to exchange link with. If interested, do let me know.

Thanks
Rinki