Monday, January 5, 2009

Whatever Trevor...

I've got a lot of respect for Aussie cricketers. They play the game well and they play it hard. They're also good students of the game.

However watching all the back patting and talk about how well Peter Siddle bowled earlier today really got my back up.

With all due respect - if you are sending the ball down at 145km/h on a bouncer length and its skidding through at ankle height, I think you have to be a little more circumspect about the result...

Yeah he bowled okay but would he have achieved the same results on a more reliable track??

Am I being unfair?




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree. He's an average bowler. But having said that, I'm glad they did. It means he'll be selected for the home leg. And that works for us :-D.

Anonymous said...

EXACTLY... Maybe we can say we made Peter Siddle's cricketing career and then we can hammer him at home...