Monday, April 13, 2009

4th ODI...

It looks like an amazing atmosphere at St George's Park today - listen to that band and the singing in the background - that's what live sport is about!

For those who don't know, I'm a born and bred Johannesburg boy and unlike most of my countrymen I'm not the biggest fan of Cape Town (Even though I support their domestic rugby and cricket sides) or even Durban....

... But Port Elizabeth - where St Georges is situated - is one of those towns which has grown on me in the last few years. I even spent my last Christmas there - it's a seriously underrated area and the pictures they were showing at the cricket brought back fond memories.

If you are in SA for the IPL then I would recommend Port Elizabeth as a place to base yourself if you are looking for something different.

Anyway some good cricket going on here... Good performances from Gibbs and Devilliers with the bat and now Steyn, VD Merwe and Botha with the ball... Check back here after the result, I want to discuss the benefit of the injection of a couple of spinners into the SA setup.

No comments: